Children & Young Peoples Health Advice
Vaccination is the most important thing we can do to protect ourselves and our children against ill health. They prevent up to 3 million deaths worldwide every year.
Here are some useful links so that you can prepare for the appointments and what follows:
- Preparing for a vaccination appointment
- What to expect after vaccination
- Vaccine safety - The Green Book
Our Nurses offer full information on each vaccine and it's safety, if you are still unsure or would like some advice on what happens during and after a vaccination, call reception to book an appointment.
If you are a new parent this section can offer information on common issues and also has some useful sites to help your journey run smoothly.
- Breastfeeding - is my baby getting enough milk?
- Breastfeeding & Breast pain - not sure what your pain means?
- Breastfeeding positioning - is my baby positioned right?
- Bottle feeding - tips on bottles, sterilising and formula.
- Coping with crying - is my babies crying normal?
- Weening & Nutrition - advice on how to introduce solid foods.
- Sleeping - advice on how much sleep babies need to helping them drift off.
- Twins, triplets & more - advice on pregnancy right up to teen years for multiple birth parents.
- New fathers - advice and tips on how to help mum and baby.
Health Visitors: 03000295050 (Mon-Fri 9.30am - 5.30pm except bank holidays)
Breastfeeding helpline: 03001000212 (9.30am to 9.30pm everyday)
Twinline: 08001380509 (Mon-Fri 10am-1pm & 7pm-10pm)