Children & Young Peoples Health Advice
Newborn and child registrations
Before we can book in any appointments, we will need forms to be completed and returned to us (via email or post). We will contact all new parents - if you do not hear from us please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The first way we are doing this is by booking the 6–8-week check and the 8-week immunisations on the same day. You will need to call us when your baby is 7 weeks old to make these appointments. (Please note that only one parent will be permitted to accompany the child for these appointments, and you will need to bring your red book along with you.)
- The second way we are doing this is by offering routine and urgent appointments with a GP/nurse via telephone or video where possible so please do not hesitate to contact us if you or your baby have any health concerns before the immunisation appointments.
Vaccination is the most important thing we can do to protect ourselves and our children against ill health. They prevent up to 3 million deaths worldwide every year.
Here are some useful links so that you can prepare for the appointments and what follows:
- Preparing for a vaccination appointment
- What to expect after vaccination
- Vaccine safety - The Green Book
Our Nurses offer full information on each vaccine and it's safety, if you are still unsure or would like some advice on what happens during and after a vaccination, call reception to book an appointment.
If you are a new parent this section can offer information on common issues and also has some useful sites to help your journey run smoothly.
- Breastfeeding - is my baby getting enough milk?
- Breastfeeding & Breast pain - not sure what your pain means?
- Breastfeeding positioning - is my baby positioned right?
- Bottle feeding - tips on bottles, sterilising and formula.
- Coping with crying - is my baby's crying normal?
- Weening & Nutrition - advice on how to introduce solid foods.
- Sleeping - advice on how much sleep babies need to helping them drift off.
- Twins, triplets & more - advice on pregnancy right up to teen years for multiple birth parents.
- New fathers - advice and tips on how to help mum and baby.
Health Visitors: 03000295050 (Mon-Fri 9.30am - 5.30pm except bank holidays)
Breastfeeding helpline: 03001000212 (9.30am to 9.30pm everyday)
Twinline: 08001380509 (Mon-Fri 10am-1pm & 7pm-10pm)