General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Important information for patients: How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
For more information about GDPR please download the following document:
For more information ask at reception or see the following documents:
- Privacy Notices
- Privacy Notice 1 – How Woodlands Surgery at Eden House uses your information to provide you with healthcare
- Privacy Notice 2 – How your information is used for medical research and to measure the quality of care
- Privacy Notice 3 – How your information is shared so that this practice can meet legal requirements
- Privacy Notice 4 – How your information is used for national screening programmes