Our appointments system aims to offer a consultation with a GP within 48 hours or a nurse within 24 hours.
- All consultations are by appointment only and may be booked up to 4-6 weeks in advance.
- Telephone consultation with a doctor can also be booked.
- Requests for 'On the day' appointments will be triaged by a GP who will call you back to discuss your medical needs.
- You may be offered an appointment with a practice nurse.
- An appointment is for one person only.
- Where an appointment is for a specialised procedure please contact our Reception Team to book.
- Patients with more than one issue to discuss should book a double appointment to ensure that appropriate consultation can take place. Otherwise, patients may be asked to book another appointment at a later date.
- Urgent cases will be seen on the day but we may not be able to offer a choice of doctor or time.
- Routine appointments can be made via the online portal. Booking appointments this way is temporarily unavailable due to the pandemic.
DoctorLink is your virtual health assistant that can be used to check your symptoms and book appointments.
Booking appointments is made easy through our simple website, accessible online through your computer or mobile device.
You can seek clinically approved medical advice around the clock.
It’s easy to use and free for all NHS patients. Simply follow this link HERE to open the symptom checker.
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
Ways to cancel:
- Texting your initials and DOB to 07857 175945 (most suited if your appointment is in the next 24 hours)
- Online Form (for use if your appointment is more than 24 hours away excluding weekends & public holidays)
- Email CAPCCG.Woodlands@nhs.net (for use if your appointment is more than 24 hours away excluding weekends & public holidays)
- Phone 01223697600 (please call after 11am to reschedule/cancel appointments as lines are quieter)
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day-except in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
Patients are requested, where possible, to telephone before 11am if a home visit is required that day.
We would request that, apart from the genuinely housebound, all other patients attend the surgery rather than request a home visit because of the extra time home visiting takes. On average four to five patients can be seen in surgery in the time it takes to do a single house call. In addition, the care that can be offered due to the lack of adequate lighting, examination facilities and equipment means that you may not receive as good a service as the doctor may be able to offer if you came to the surgery.
Please note that the doctor may telephone you rather than visit you if this is medically appropriate. Ultimately it is the doctors right to decide whether or not a visit is appropriate for a particular set of circumstances.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.